Friday, June 19, 2009

Garage Sales and Growth Charts

This is my first official season going to Garage Sales and I have scored the past two days! My advice is to go the first day and when they first open. OR go on the last day and at the end of the day and if there is anything decent left, offer them less than they're asking. No one wants to haul their stuff back indoors.

I have seen some expensive wooden Growth Charts in stores and online. They are cute but over priced in my opinion. A couple creative ideas for a Growth Chart substitute are:
-plant a tree and every year on your child's birthday take a picture of him/her standing next to it
-take random pictures of your child and frame them and hang them at the height they were in the picture, have the frames stacked or staggered in a line on the same wall
-take pictures of your daughter in a bathing suit or dress (pre-teen or teenage size) and see the progression as she grows up
That's all I have for now, let me know if you have any others.

No comments:

Post a Comment