Monday, June 15, 2009

Free Cats

Our local Humane Society is offering 2-for-1 cat adoptions. Sadly they are receiving too many unwanted cats and not enough homes. I used to voluteer at one of their locations and these cats are so sweet and just want a good home. 2 cats isn't much different than 1 as far as supplies and work. Please help keep the pet polulation down and unless you are a breeder have your pets spayed or neutered (I'm not trying to be Bob Barker, I'm totally serious). I used to get so mad at my own mother for letting her animals have litters.
You are saving the cost of the second cat by getting it for free from the Humane Society. Since I am forever trying to save money and/or get free things I would say you can just find a free cat in the paper or on the side of the road but cats from the Humane Society have already had a complete check-up for diseases, received shots, been spayed or neutered and have one of those microchip implants (the size of a grain of rice) so much cheaper than a free cat plus vet bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment